Using the BookTrakr browser button (Safari only)
If you are using the Safari browser, you need not upload reports manually. Instead, after installing the BookTrakr button, you just click on the button in your browser, fill in the Amazon login form, and we will do the rest. You can get the BookTrakr browser button here. If you don't use the Safari browser, you should read the sections below to learn how to manually upload sales; we are working on supporting other popular browsers and will notify you when your browser is supported.
Setting up for Amazon/KDP Manual Upload
To upload sales information on Amazon, you should first make sure that your BookTrakr account is setup for Amazon upload. You can go to the Stores tab of the Settings screen in BookTrakr, click on the "Edit" button next to Amazon, and then ensure that the "Upload sales manually" checkbox is checked (if it is not, please email us through our Help Center for assistance).
While you are in the BookTrakr "Edit Amazon settings" screen, you can also control whether you receive a revised Daily Update email whenever the previous day's sales are posted. By default, this switch is on, but you can turn it off there.
Uploading Amazon/KDP files
You can access the Upload feature from the BookTrakr Dashboard (if BookTrakr is not up to date) or from the Edit Amazon settings screen (see "Setting up" above). From either place, clicking the button will take you to the Uploads screen. There you will see prompts for up to three sets of files as follows:
Daily file - this file contains daily sales information for the date range you specify.
Recent Monthly files - these files are used to augment the information from Daily files to provide the actual KENP royalties earned from page reads.
Older Monthly files - these files provide back history for your sales. If you have switched from automatic to manual processing, these files were already loaded for you automatically. Clicking the checkbox in this section will remove this upload prompt from your screen.
On the Uploads screen, you will also see a list of recent uploads along with their processing status. If there was a problem with the data, we will provide you with feedback here. For example, if you upload the wrong type of report (or just the wrong file that isn't a report), you'll see a message here.
- It can take a few minutes for your uploaded data to process. If system load is light, expect 5-10 minutes. If there are many uploads ahead of you, it could take up to 30 minutes. Anything longer than that, you should contact our Help Center.
- Please make sure you follow the directions on how to generate the files we need. Do not upload a Prior Months' Royalties report in place of a Sales Dashboard report -- that report does not have the detail that we need to break your sales down by day.
- Be careful to select the day in the correct month when uploading "yesterday's sales"--the KDP calendar control will likely default to last month and a number of users accidentally uploaded sales from a month ago instead of yesterday. If you do this, you will see a special status message suggesting that you might have made this mistake.
- Remember that Orders are not the same as Sales -- the KDP charts display "Orders" but BookTrakr reports on, and Amazon pays on, Sales. You have to dig into the daily sales reports on KDP to see your sales instead of your orders.
- If we didn't cover something here that we should have, please let us know by emailing us at the Support Center.